Friday, November 21, 2008

Just Keep Writing, Just Keep Writing...


There's a character is Finding Nemo named Dory who is terribly upbeat and goofy, and one the little mantras she sings is "just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

I've been feeling a bit low and sorry for myself and disappointed in some stuff. Some of the waiting is over, and I didn't hear what I wanted to hear.

So, after some wallowing, I go back to the mantra - Just Keep Writing. Thank goodness I have supportive friends, some of them fellow writers, some of them not, who tell me that I'm not insane, not to give up, and to get off my ass and keep writing.

So I'm brainstorming some new ideas and having a blast. Nothing like creating a whole new world to make you feel empowered, at least in your own imagination.

2 comments:

A said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get the desired feedback, but yes keep writing. I heard an old NPR podcast today from the author of "Dear American Airlines" he said that when he was a kid he wrote to Isaac Asimov asking how he could be a better writer. The response was to read and write as much as possible, because the practice will get you there, though it may take time. Hopefully that advice will prove true. Good luck with it.

Nina Berry said...

Asimov was right! And thanks for checking in. I'm off an writing again. It's fun!