Friday, May 05, 2006

"Notes" on the End of the TV Season

The editor of Monsters and Critics says that of the six or seven new columns featured on that website, mine vies for most popular, along with one called Wedlock. I know - small potatoes in the big world of media, but nonetheless encouraging to a writer like me, who assumes no one is paying any attention.

My latest column (go to: http://smallscreen.monstersandcritics.com/ and click on "Notes from the Wasteland") lays bare just how new shows are picked for the fall season.

Here's a hint -- it's all about the money. No surprise there, but in the column I go into the behind-the-scenes machinations that make or break a new TV show. Also included - my picks for which shows "on the bubble" should be picked up for fall, and which should be dropped. Take a look.

No comments: