Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Top Ten Reasons to Watch


My latest column, which lists my top ten reasons to love TV, is up at www.monstersandcritics.com. Click on "TV" on the top right and then click on "Notes from the Wasteland" on the left hand side. Once I figure out how to put links in without just typing in the whole damned thing, I'll be able to say -- click HERE. Until then, you'll need three clicks or so to find my column.

People poo-poo TV, but that does a disservice to the many terrific and often brilliant people that work in it. Not to say there isn't a ton of crap out there, but consider any medium and you'll find that 90 percent of everything is crap. Most painters -- are not gonna get their stuff hung in museums. Most writers -- churn out forgettable prose. Most movies -- aren't worth putting on your Netflix list. So it is with television. But a few wonderful programs and channels do exist, and they keep me paying my exhorbitant cable bill every month. I list my reasons to watch -- from Animal Planet to The Wire. Check it out.

No comments: