Thursday, August 12, 2010

In Which My Subconscious Gets Materialistic

Last night I dreamt I got an offer for $134k for my book.  Ah, Dreamland, you mock me so! 

I won't go into too much detail, because there's nothing quite so boring as the ins and outs of other people's dreams.  But it was all very fragmented and a bit uncertain until I made a video to celebrate.  Two of my friends and I danced around randomly and sang The Money Song from Monty Python.  Here's the original - the song starts about 1:30 in...



First, the song makes me realize how much romance the Euro has taken out of travel in Europe. The lure of the lira indeed!

Second, I can't help wondering what the hell my subconscious is up to. Isn't it supposed to connect me to my deeper self? To find me the answers that elude my conscious mind? Is that answer really: "It's accountancy that makes the world go round"?

No comments: