Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Insult Poem

Snip!
There goes a piece of history
Clip!
Another bit of truth

Whack!
You've pruned away what happened
Smack!
While I wasted all my youth

Delete!
We never were in love
Erase!
You never held me close

Cut!
I just misunderstood you
Bleed!
Sorry to impose

****

I wrote this prompted by Robert Lee Brewer's blog from yesterday. In case you haven't been paying attention, this is Poetry Month, and I'm doggedly spewing out evil bits of poetry in honor of that. The idea is to write an insult poem. I'm not sure mine qualifies. It's more angry than insulting. I started off just accusing the unnamed object of the poem of being a liar, of altering history. But I found that dull and pedantic. So I tried to insult without outright accusation. Not that I'm claiming this poem is at all subtle, mind you.

It's interesting to try and be angry. I'm always trying to forgive and be nice. It's rather fun to have an excuse to wallow in ugly emotions for a little while. All in the interests of "art." *cough*

No comments: